This project is read-only.

What would you like to see?

Jan 30, 2008 at 2:22 PM
So novella has been around for a few weeks now and about 200 people have downloaded it.

I feel it is a good time to "gauge the audience".

If you have played around with the app, what do you think is missing? Also, what a killer feature would you like to see in the next version?

Thanks, in advance, for the feedback.

David

Feb 17, 2008 at 7:24 AM
Hey David,

I'm not exactly new to asp.net however, I seem to have run into a snag setting your application up on a shared host like godaddy. Medium trust and all...I also, have a SQL Server 2005 DB not necessarily access to the Express Edition. So, with that in mind perhaps, a SQL Script to install to SQL2005 + How to enable on Medium Trust ISP Hosts ( or install for that matter.)

Seriously though, I've tried DNN, MyWebpages etc Starter kits and yours seems to be the best possible solution. If you have time please connect with me on this... garetjax@cox(dot)net
May 20, 2008 at 6:38 PM
David,

I like Novella and am planning on integrating it into a small project I am working on.  The question I have is about being able to format the text while editing it.  Is there a way to enable applying styles or tags (like h1, h2) to parts of text during edit?  I know some of the gui editors allow this, but I haven't used tiny_mce much (more experience with FCK).  This and being able to create links in a nice manner (not editing HTML) would be awesome next features.

Thanks for your hard work, I really appreciate having the block style of CMS as opposed to DNN (which I have used) and others that want to take over the entire web site.  Install was easy as was integrating the master pages that I had already built.

Thanks,
Rorik
May 20, 2008 at 9:39 PM
Hey Rorik, I am glad you like the app.

I definitely will be adding the cleaner links...that annoys me as well when I use novella on my client sites.

In the meantime, I would checkout the options that are possible with TinyMCE (http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/). You can add a lot more features than I currently have enabled right now. I was going for a more barebones approach because I didn't want to overload my clients. However, adding more of the features is pretty easy and I think you will be able to do what you are aiming for.

Feel free to email me at david at visionaryonline dot com if you run into any problems.

Thanks,
David
Apr 5, 2009 at 9:56 PM
HI,
Thought you should know that it does not work as advertised. I just downloaded it to give it a go and there is no solution folder in the extracted files to open. I could not even get started.
Apr 6, 2009 at 3:51 AM
Hey Gehres, I just looked at the zip file on codeplex and everything seems to be there. There is no solution file because it is a website. In Visual Studio you should be able to say "Open Website" and point to the novella 3.5 folder and it will open just fine.

The help file that is included will walk you through this.

David